Event Recap: Fashion and Social Media
“There’s a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking.”
Indeed, there is. On March 20, we were joined by four of DC’s premier digital fashionistas to discuss the latest trends in social media and fashion. Many thanks to moderator Eliot Payne (@eliotpayne) and panelists Patrice Washington (@prjwashington), Nikki Rappaport from Hugh & Crye (@nikkirap), and fashion blogger Lacey Maffettone (@LacePerspective) for an engaging discussion. We would also like to thank iStrategy Labs for the awesome venue. Finally, thanks to everyone who attended for packing the house! We hope you enjoyed the event as much as we did.
- Find a niche. You can’t be all things to all people. Bland and boring doesn’t work.
- Blogs are widely used in the fashion world and a very important component of building your brand.
- It takes time and experimentation to grow your community. Talk to people, offer to guest post.
- Experiment with various social media platforms, but focus on the ones that work best.
- Panelists unanimously like Instagram for personal branding, but majority focused on Facebook page for business results due to wide audience.
Want to read more: see link here